General Information



Temporary Accommodation​

Usually the first problem to solve is where to sleep the first nights before finding a house.
Cheap solutions are hostels and B&Bs, rooms in private apartments with breakfast included. Visit the web page where you can find a list of hotels and B&Bs in Padova and surroundings.

Two cheap solutions are:


​Casa a Colori

(also to book a place in apartments - with double rooms - for long period)

Via Del Commissario 42 - 35124 Padova




Casa Valentini Terrani

Via de Menabuoi 64 - 35132 Padova




Your one way

 When in Padova go to SASSA to:

  • ​get your University Student card and the first information on the town

  • sign the assignation paper if you are a student assigned a place at ESU Residence/Apartment

  • give your address in Padova, if you are a student who already found a place at a private apartment

  • get information on how to find an accommodation, if you are a students still in search for a place


​Documents needed at Sassa

At SASSA documents needed are:

European citizens:

  • Identity card or passport valid for the whole period in Italy

 No European citizens:

  • Original Passport with VISA valid for the whole period in Italy
  • If you live or study in another European country, bring your permit of stay of that country
  • 4 passport size pictures (only for students staying more than 3 months)

Useful information and sdresses

Mobility Unit Main Desk:

Via del Portello, 31 - 35129 Padova, Italia 
Phone and fax: +39 049 827 3061/3060 (Erasmus KA 103) - +39 049 827 5968 (Bilateral Agreements)
E-mail: (Erasmus KA103) - (Bilateral Agreements)
Opening hours: Monday, Wednesday 10 am-1 pm; Tuesday 10 am-1pm and 3pm-4.30 pm; Thursday 10 am-3 pm; Friday by appointment only.

Due to the Covid-19 safety measures, we are still receiving students mainly online using Zoom platform, by appointment only. The office is open to the public by appointment only.


Codice fiscale (Tax Code)


To sign a contract, buy something important, open a bank account, you may need the Italian Fiscal Code. This document is usually provided by the University of Padua – Mobility Unit, but it is officially issued in a few minutes at the Agenzia delle Entrate office, with your original ID/Passport.


Agenzia delle Entrate

Via Domenico Turazza, 37, 35128 - Padova PD

Tel.: 049 791 1511

Open to the public from Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm or by bookings

Health care

EHIC health card

The European EHIC / TEAM health card allows students belonging to the European ​Community to be able to use the Italian health service.

Urgent medical treatment

In case of need for urgent medical treatment, the student, with a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC / TEAM), can directly contact the:

First Aid of the Hospital of Padua 

Via Nicolò Giustiniani, 2, 35128 - Padua - PD
Ground floor, Monoblocco

Tel.: 118




Non-urgent medical treatment

In order to be able to receive free non-urgent healthcare, always presenting their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC / TEAM), the student belonging to the European Community can alternatively take advantage of a personal doctor by going directly to an outpatient clinic in the city: the list of doctors basic agreement with the National Health Service​, divided by city areas, is available HERE​.​

Learn more about student health care HERE​.

For more information about health services, contact:

Azienda ULSS 6 Euganea

Via E. degli Scrovegni, 14, 35131 - Padova - PD

Tel.: 049 821 4024 / 049 821 4111 


Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 12.00.
Monday and Thursday also in the afternoon from 14.30 to 16.30.​